Humans: Mike Treharne
1) What’s your job, in a nutshell?
Turning dull numbers into interesting stories
2) What made you want to get into advertising?
The drugs, long lunches and high salaries. It’s been a rude awakening.
3) What’s your all-time favourite ad?
4) Who’s your favourite colleague, and why?
Lilli English – the best French import since camembert, and she smells nicer.
5) Tell us a joke.
What’s brown and sticky? A stick.
6) If you weren’t working here, what would you be doing?
Drugs and long lunches
7) Which four people would you invite to your fantasy dinner party?
Piers Morgan, Paul Dacre, Jeremy Kyle, and Harold Shipman to do the cooking. “Not for me thanks Harold, I’ve already eaten.”
8) Tell us an interesting story about you and a celebrity.
I was on Tizwas when I was 5. Chris Tarrant tried to pull me up from behind his desk by my ears (as was common practice on the show) but I was scared of the Phantom Flan Flingers, so I just burst into tears.
9) You’re going into space. You’re allowed to take one record, one book and one film. What do you choose?
The Smiths’ Hatful of Hollow, 1984, and In The Loop
10) Sum up Leo Burnett London in five words.
Wonderful, generous people – click here.